Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bronze Egypt

I bought knickknacks way back before I had a place of my own. I'd display my little finds all over my childhood bedroom (and let me tell you, it's a sight to be seen). So, when I eventually moved out I decided to take some things I still liked and leave the rest.


I figured something like this could definitely come in handy. We have been using it just for a place to put odds and ends, but eventually I'd like it to have a real purpose.




And of course I wasn't going to leave these Nefertiti bookends at home! I still think they're cool. It could have something to do with the fact that I still love the movie The Mummy. Plus Egyptian stuff is cool - Ed and I went to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose over the summer! I got a little excited when I saw a Nefertiti bust there:



So back on track - I got all of the above thrifted items from the Saylorsburg Flea Market sometime during my high school years. I've been meaning to go back ever since, but I just haven't gone that way! One of these days...

Happy Thrifting!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment