Monday, May 6, 2013

Estate Sale One 5/4/13

Usually, if we don't have any morning/afternoon weekend plans, I check out estatesales.net to see if there will be any estate sales near us. If there are any in our town/the neighboring town/the Sacramento area, I'll go ahead and plug the addresses into Google. We won't go all the way to Sacramento unless there are at least 3 to check out there - otherwise we'll just stick to our town. In any case, I find out a good plan (put them into the correct order so we aren't backtracking), jot them down on a post-it, and we're set!

This Saturday, we had 5 on our list. The first one had already started Thursday, so there really wasn't much left other than large furniture. We ended up finding a few things at the second one:




1. My purchase - a clog. It was hanging up on the wall by a nail sticking out of the heel, which is exactly what I plan on doing with it.
2. Ed's purchase - this neat painting with an intricate frame.
3. Ed's purchase - a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence. Classy.


I will continue with the rest of our weekend finds in another post (or posts).

Happy Thrifting!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment