Thursday, May 16, 2013

Puzzle Feature #1

We're always on the lookout for puzzles. I grew up a big puzzle fan. I remember my grandmother teaching us about separating the edges and even separating colors. No wonder I'm so OCD about them when putting them together. (Okay, I'm not THAT bad... but I do need to do edges first, and after that I need to put all the rest of the pieces out on the table, face up and no overlapping unless I run out of space.)
Anyway, back on topic - thrift stores almost always have puzzles and games together, which we always check out. 

 Parrots - nice and colorful.

Nature scenes are usually a bit tougher. This one wasn't horrible, but the trees in the closer mountain were tricky.

This was harder than it looks. Those windows were brutal. Plus I think this was a thousand-piecer. We like to stick to around 500.

If we really liked the puzzle/it wasn't too hard, we'll hold on to it. Usually though, we give them right back to the thrift store for someone else to enjoy.

Happy Thrifting!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment